Policy on Handling Specific Personal Information (“My Number”)
OC & Associates K.K., OC & Associates Tax Co. and OC & Associates HR Co. (hereinafter referred to as “OCA”), an organization which handling personal information, value highly the importance of protecting personal number and specific personal information (hereinafter referred to as “Specific Personal Information, etc.”). OCA has adopted the following “Basic Policy on Proper Handling of Specific Personal Information, etc.” and ensures that this Policy is thoroughly understood by its directors, employees and other personnel who might have access to specific personal information.
1. Proper handling of specific personal information
When acquiring, storing, using, providing, or disposing of specific personal information, etc. of clients and business partners, OCA handles them appropriately according to the policies established by OCA.
2. Purpose of use
OCA handles specific personal information etc. within the scope of the following purpose of use.
(1) Payroll related work
(2) Preparation of annual information returns and vendor statements
(3) Preparation of individual income tax returns
3. Matters concerning Safety Management Measures
(1) OCA establishes policies for the management of specific personal information, etc., to prevent leakage, loss or damage of specific personal information etc, and takes necessary and appropriate safety control measures. In addition, when our employees handle specific personal information etc., OCA will conduct necessary and appropriate supervision over those employees so that we can properly take safety control measures over specific personal information, etc.
(2) When delegating the handling of specific personal information, etc. to a third party with permission of clients and business partners, we will take necessary and appropriate supervision over the third party by selecting a party with sufficient level of protection of specific personal information, etc. and incorporate safety control measures.
4. Compliance with related laws, guidelines, etc.
OCA complies with the laws concerning the protection of specific personal information etc. and the guidelines formulated by the Specific Personal Information Protection Committee in Japan and have clauses in our engagement letters regarding the handling of specific personal information, etc. We ensure that all employees thoroughly understand the importance of protecting specific personal information, etc. and implement appropriate handling methods.
5. Continuous Improvement
OCA will continuously improve this basic policy and internal regulations so that protection of specific personal information, etc. is properly and effectively executed.
Please contact us by e–mail at email@example.com for more specifics on the handling of specific personal information, etc.
June 21, 2017
OC & Associates K.K.
Koichi Richard Okamoto, Representative Director
OC & Associates Tax Co.
Michiya Akuzawa, Representative Partner
OC & Associates HR Co.
Hiroko Hanato, Representative Partner