Policy on Protecting Personal Information
OC & Associates K.K., OC & Associates Tax Co. and OC & Associates HR Co. (hereinafter referred to as “OCA”), an organization which handles personal information, value highly the importance of protecting personal information. OCA has adopted the following “Basic Policy on the Proper Handling of Personal Information” and ensures that this Policy is thoroughly understood by its directors, employees, and other personnel who might have access to personal information.
1. Proper handling of personal information
When acquiring, storing, using, providing, or disposing of personal information of clients and business partners, OCA handles them appropriately according to the policies established by OCA.
2. Purpose of use
OCA will use personal information for the following purposes:
(1) Payroll related work
(2) Statutory benefits processing
(3) Preparation of annual information returns and vendor statements
(4) Preparation of corporate and individual income tax returns
3. Disclosure to third parties
OCA will not disclose personal information to third parties except in the following cases:
(1) When agreed with clients and business partners
(2) When contracted to handle personal information to perform the engaged work
(3) In cases where the compulsory disposition is made based on the law / statute
(4) Inquiries are received from individuals who have the authority to inquire in accordance with the laws of the courts, etc.
(5) When OCA decides that it relates to emergency evacuation activities or for legitimate defense
4. Matters concerning Safety Management Measures
(1) We establish policies for the management of personal information to prevent leakage, loss or damage to personal information, and take the necessary and appropriate safety control measures. In addition, when our employees handle personal information, we will conduct necessary and appropriate supervision over those employees so that we can properly take safety control measures over personal information.
(2) When delegating the handling of personal information to a third party, we will take necessary and appropriate supervision over the third party by selecting a party with sufficient levels of personal information protection and incorporating safety control measures.
(3) We use SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology to encrypt information in communication to prevent personal information from being intercepted, interfered or altered.
(4) OCA’s website does not use any “cookies”.
5. Compliance with related laws, guidelines, etc.
OCA complies with the laws concerning the protection of personal information and the guidelines formulated by the Personal Information Protection Committee and have clauses in our engagement letters regarding the handling of personal information. We ensure that all employees thoroughly understand the importance of protecting personal information and implement appropriate handling methods.
6. Continuous improvement
OCA will continuously improve this basic policy and internal regulations so that the protection of personal information is properly and effectively executed.
7. Disclosure, correction, suspension of use of personal information, etc.
When there is a request for disclosure, correction, suspension of use etc. of personal information, we will respond according to the method prescribed by OCA. For specific methods, please contact us and we will inform you individually.
Please contact us by e–mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for more specifics on the handling of personal information.
June 21, 2017
OC & Associates K.K.
Koichi Richard Okamoto, Representative Director
OC & Associates Tax Co.
Michiya Akuzawa, Representative Partner
OC & Associates HR Co.
Hiroko Hanato, Representative Partner